Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'll make a deal with you blogsphere ...

Dear blog,

I know we haven't chatted in about a week or so, but it's been really busy for me. Well, sort of. I had an opportunity to hang with you last week, but I got that migraine and just couldn't be on the computer. And I was reading that monster book by Gayatri Spivak, which is taking all my time, and I'm trying to throw in that book about moving Christianity beyond monotheism.

And it's not like I don't have things to talk about. Oh yes, I do. I've got all sorts of news (New Testament conference in New York! AP/ONE award! Bowling score of 194! Skinny pants fit again!), and some rants I'd like to go off on. Sally Kern is going to get an earful from me, don't doubt it.

But it's crunch time now. I've got two papers to write in five days, one on pastoral counseling strategies for transracial adoptees struggling with race identity issues, the other a midterm for theology class ("Reflect upon the earliest reception of Jesus' teachings within and outside of Judaism. How was he viewed by difference groups and why? ... Compare the religious teachings of Marcion, Valentinus and Justin. ... How do you assess the significance of Constantine for the development of Christianity?")

And another paper on language and hybridity in border areas. But that's for next week.

So if I can get done with these things on time, I promise I'll get back to you soon.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Good luck with your papers--I feel your pain! (8-10 pager due Sun with a 15 page one due the following Saturday. Guess what I'll be doing over spring break.)

Erudite Redneck said...

As sick as it is: I envy y'all!

Babalon said...

Two down! One more to go! How's yours going?

You wait, ER, you just wait! It'll be your turn.